Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] jxj1188@gmail.com is offline

Default Harman Kardon A500

Hi, I recently bought a HK A500 from ebay and would like to know
something about this amp...

1- I noticed that itīs very weak in power, I use it with a pair of JB
L Jubal, I have to listen beyond the midlle (1 or 2 o clock) to hear in
a good volume, is it right?

2-One transformer was changed, the channel B, how can I see if the job
was well done?

3-I noticed that at this channel B when I turn the balance to only this
side, the treble increases, what can be the problem?

4-the ambience function is not working, what it is the funcion of this?
How can I repair?

5-there are two OUTPUT BAL controls near the tubes, one for each
channel, what are their purpose?

Thank you all, sorry for all the questions.

Murillo