sycochkn

If the caps are old they my no longer be 20 uf @ 450 volts should not be
that hard to find. Be wary of tantalum caps since the failure mode is to
chatch on fire. Go for the aluminum electrolytics, they just explode or go
open.

Bob

"Wayne" wrote in message
This may be a little OT, but it still has to do with caps.

I've got a Fender '65 Twin thats got old GE paper electrolytics in the B+
circuit.
Most are 20uf @ 450 volts. I'm a relunctant to replace those with NOS for

the
obvious reasons the NOS probably are not gonna be an improvement over

whats in
there now.

First. Is it advisable to replace with something else, since technology
changes and this is 40 year old design.?

Second, I'm having problems finding new replacements because of the 450v
requirement.

Third, should I also replace all those .1mfd and .047mfd while I'm at it

and
with what?

BTW, I'm really not interested in changing the "sound" of the Twin. It's

great amp as is!!! Just wanting to clean up some of the hum, etc.

I can solder and do the light stuff, but I'm not an schooled in

electronics.

Thanks,

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-