Eric Desrochers

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

thelizman wrote:

Eric Desrochers wrote:

The dealer would of course try to sell a cap but for the rest of the
world, understanding that a small light flickering is a non-issue and
move on seem like the sensible choice to do.

My 0.02

Here's some change: That light flickering is a symptom of unstable
voltage. Ripples in voltage can damage digital electronics, cause
malfunctions, and other problems. Ignoring this is not a sensible thing
at all.

From my Alpine CDA-9815 HU user manual :

Nominal voltage : 14.4 (11-16 volts permissible)

Looks like they can take quite a variation after all! Sensible circuits
should have filtred and regulated power supplies and I bet it's the case
in quality equipment.

--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers

Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95