thelizman

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

wrote:
Im anticipating that I will need a capacitor with my current setup.

You won't.

havent finished the install yet but I think more power will be needed.
How do you know what size cap to get? Is there a formula or something?

Many shops will tell you 1 fd / 1000 watts. Then they'll sell you one.
The latter should cast suspicion on the former.

Ive also heard that its possible to get too large a cap. Any truch to
this? and or can a cap too big damage the amp(s)

No. It won't. But it doesn't matter - you won't need a cap anyway.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.