Nousaine

"Dersu" wrote:

"Wylie Williams" wrote in message

I know that many audiophiles believe that speakers need a period of
break-in
to sound their best, while others disagree.

I am surprised that anyone who reads an audio.hign-end newsgroup doesn't
know that all quality speakers MUST be carefully broken in by playing the
Solti recording of Mahler's "Resurrection" Symphony (Decca 410 202-2) at
maximum volume late at night whilst consuming a half bottle (or so) of a
good vintage port or a slightly lesser quantity of a fine single malt
scotch. For ultimate speaker performance and longevity real purists will
likely wish to continue the break in with the Von Karajan, Verdi Requiem (DG
415091-2), Giulini, Bruckner 8th (DG 415 124-2) and Mravinski, Tchaikovsky
Symphony 4 (DG 419 745-2) on successive nights. At the end of this period
your speakers will be properly broken in and able to handle anything you
care to play through them to your complete satisfaction. If not, you bought
the wrong speakers and had better go shopping again!

D.

But how can I complete the 150 hours of burn-in playback during the 7 day
return period to assure that I haven't unfairly disadvantaged the speaker with
this procedure?