Lasse

(Nousaine) wrote in message ...

I'm not 'blaming' dealers for having realistic return periods; I'm suggesting
that the manufacturers break-in periods may be economically driven.

I have thought about the same and I don't see any reason for a manufacturer
to NOT claim that their products require break-in period in order to
achieve their full potential. It is always better to claim that product
will sound better after some use. Note that manufacturers don't say that
you couldn't use their products normally during the break-in, they just say
that the sound will be improve.

If I were a manufacturer I would claim that my products require 200 hour
break-in and promise smaller subtle improvements at least during next 500
hours. What could I lose if I didn't any way restrict the normal use during
the break-in?

Let's think that buyer has to decide between brands A and B. It's a tie,
but A claims to improve over time and B doesn't. Which one the buyer is
going to choose?

Lasse Ukkonen