"Resources for researching speaker break-in, if they do exist, should
probably be redirected for more worth while pursuits."

This is reasonable, except we don't want such a laid back view to obscure
the use such claims are put to in marketing/publishing for commercial
intrest. The current benchmark is that breakin is at best a matter of a
very short time and of little consequence for most of the audio gear
purchased,ie. excludes wire, amps, signal sources, etc. as such. We don't
want this claim to be added to the stew of other unsupported claims so as
to suggest the whole should ever be a concern in making purchases and
enjoying the music. We want to demystify the whole scene that has grown
up to the detriment of audio. and to the support of paranormal belief
systems.