Stewart Pinkerton

On 26 Sep 2004 17:17:46 GMT, "Wylie Williams"
wrote:

By referring to seeing speakers "beat to death" I refer to the weakening,
splitting, tearing, and eventual malfunction of cones, surrounds, and
spiders that I have seen after extended hard use, as well as capacitors
exploded and voice coil formers melted . I would consider this to be
wearing out prematurely because of abuse, but based on my personal history I
don't believe any use I would make of a speaker is likely to wear it out
within my anticipated period of use.

So, you agree that if 'wear out' isn't a normal phenomenon, then
'break in' is equally unlikely?