Stewart Pinkerton

On 26 Sep 2004 14:51:46 GMT, "L David Matheny"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message ...
snip
My only concern is - how will I know when they have stopped
breaking in, and started wearing out? You can't reasonably have
one without the other.....................

It's all the same. You're just trying to move into the long (we hope)
linear part of the wearing-out curve.

Perhaps so. But, given that people who've investigated this
possibility, such as Tom Nousaine and the redoubtable Dick Pierce,
seem to regard 'break-in' as a non-event after the first couple of
*seconds*, and given others (such as the OP himself) who claim never
to have observed 'wear out', do we have any real*evidence* that
break-in really exists? If not, then surely a search for 'the best
break-in CD' is as pointless as arguing which shade of green is best
for painting the edges of CDs?