Pooh Bear

Wylie Williams wrote:

I know that many audiophiles believe that speakers need a period of break-in
to sound their best, while others disagree.

This post is a request for those who believe in speaker break-in to provide
advice, and it is also request that those who disagree allow those of us
they believe to be mistaken to continue in the error of our ways without
comment.

Many manufacturers of 'pro-audio' speakers specify parameters after a 'break-in'
period.

Before 'break-in' the resonant frequency will typically be higher than datasheet
values.

E.g.

"Notes
3. Thiele - Small Parameters follow a 400 Watt preconditioning period."

http://www.precisiondevices.co.uk/as...ds/super/9.pdf

Graham