John Fields

Default Distorsion percentage, power or voltage?

On 17 Jan 2004 08:46:44 -0800, (Svante)
wrote:

Should I say that I'm a Swede, if you wonder. I was raised with the
metric system, and appreciate it a lot and cannot understand how feet
could possibly be more intuitive than metres. Heck, even our mile is
metric (10 000 metres).

---
We have feet at the bottom of our legs, so a 'foot' as a unit of length
is much more intuitive than 'one twenty-millionth the diameter of the
Earth'
---

I can't help quoting my mechanics teacher who was a member of the
swedish standards committe: "England is going metric, inch by inch..."

---
On April 5, 1893 the inch was redefined as precisely 1/39.37 meter, and
in a very real sense we have been using the metric system ever since. In
1959 the length of the inch was shortened slightly to its present
definition of 2.540 000 000 centimeters.

--
John Fields