Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default possible to use car radio with car speakers in house?

geoff wrote:
It is strange, indeed. I have known studios that had junk cars in the back
specifically to get a sense of what playback in a car would sound like,
because it is so different than any other common acoustical situation.

Presumably just as a 'check' , not as the prime mixing or mastering
objective !

Of course. Because it's both a really weird acoustic AND a very common
listening environment (maybe at the time the most common one), a check
mix in a car is important.

I admit that I have mixed in the back of a car doing live broadcast feeds
at a festival, but I would not recommend this situation to my worst enemy.