Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default possible to use car radio with car speakers in house?

On 15/02/2018 02:42, JBI wrote:
Ok, long story short.Â* I listen to music 99% of the time in my car.
Lately, after a long hiatus, I've gotten back into mixing, EQing, etc my
music.Â* I learned long ago that what it sounded like in the house it
never did in the car and I'd have to readjust mixes many times until
they sounded right.Â* Now I no longer have a home system, only the car.
Rather than continually dragging my laptop out into the car and doing
the mixes, which works because I plug into the same amp that my music
player uses, I'm wondering if it's possible to set up the same car radio
and speakers in the house?Â* I have a 2000 Mercury Sable.Â* I've checked
on places like eBay and the radio seems available as a junk yard pull in
some cases, but with many wires so I'm not sure I could get it working
in the house.Â* Your thoughts would be welcome.Â* For years, I always
searched for a plug-in that would mimic what the car sounded like in the
house, but I never found one... by some miracle, maybe they have one now.

If you can record an impulse response in your car, (A clicker, a
frequency sweep and a recorder) and you have a good, flat, monitoring
setup, then Voxengo sell a convolution reverb program and a deconovolver
program that can take a recorded impulse response from your car, and
apply that as a VST effect to your mix, so you will hear roughly what it
will sound like in your car.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.