Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Stereo from Mono

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 10:46:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:

No word from Love Me Do stereo mixer. Figured so.

Jack

Ok So we had a big discussion about stereo vs mono and IMHO it boils down to a matter of taste,,

So I want to veer a bit off topic and ask a related question..

What are the copyright legal issues of publishing a re-mix of copyrighted material like this?

Mark, a fine question, probably best handled by lawyers involved in music.

Sorry to deviate: It's more or less when people acquire copyrights and you wish to licensed songs from them to publish, what exactly are you allowed to publish. Say a session tape was discovered and when you license the song(s) can you legally publish whatever?

As I know, some, like BMG/RCA instructs/provides you with what (even if only Mono) to publish (courtesy Ace Records (UK)). But, gray area labels, like Jasmine Records (also UK) just rips near mint Stereo albums. I'm guessing most wish to hear what will be published beforehand.

All I know is, if someone had this talent, I do not think they'd waste it away on YouTube for FREE. My name would be plastered all over this. I'd stick it under George Martin's nose.

Mark