Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Stereo from Mono

In article ,
Phil Allison wrote:
but also because the sense of depth is radically altered.

** But the fact the sound from headphones is NOT contaminated with
masses of room reverberation ( which also destroys any depth illusion)
more than makes up for it in most cases.

If you have a poor listening room, then obviously headphones may be better.

But in a decent room with decent speakers I get far more of a sense of
'being there' than ever with headphones.

I don't listen to music on public transport - but am surprised at the
number who do. And many use just one ear piece. Perhaps we need mono mixes
for them. ;-)

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.