Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Stereo from Mono

In article ,
Phil Allison wrote:
JackA wrote:

Stereo recorded for speakers sounds terrible on headphones. As is the
reverse. Perhaps I should be surprised you didn't know this?

Dave, personally, I never heard this claim - speakers vs headphones!!

** Nor have I, it is grossly exaggerated nonsense.

How do you exaggerate nonsense?

Using headphones, the stereo image is inside one's head - something most
listeners accommodate to very quickly.

Yes - it's ideal having the drummer bashing your frontal lobes directly.

Also, the stereo image is rock solid, it does not move around if you
move your head or whole body as is the case with the virtual image
produced by loudspeakers.

Most tend to listen to live music from a stage or whatever in front of
them. Stereo via speakers in a decent listening room is sort of designed
to replicate this - which at best it does very well. But if you are happy
with headphones and think them so much better, your choice.

.... Phil

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.