TonyP

Default DIY LS3/5A's

"Jonny Durango" wrote in message
news:X9Kdc.104044$gA5.1394690@attbi_s03...
I did some more research and it appears they are from the KEF Constructor
series (CS1)...I don't know why the seller said they were from a pair of
Fried's....mybe they were modified Frieds? (modiFrieds, hehe)....they came
with templates and brochures and manuals and different crossover
reccomendations for different speakers. They recommend an sp1017 type
crossover for a b110/t27 combo, so I can only assume that if these papers
originally came with these speakers, then I should use a 1017 crossover.
This may have solved the problem, although if you have any more

suggestions
I'm all ears! Thanks!!

I can't help but wonder how you came by a CS1 set without the crossovers. I
would see if you can get the original crossovers from where you got the
drivers, before spending large amounts on new crossovers for old drivers.

TonyP.