Jonny Durango

Default DIY LS3/5A's

They recommend an sp1017 type
crossover for a b110/t27 combo

Nope, only if you've got a CS1A. The SP1017, originally used in the Kef
Cresta, is designed for the B110A SP1003.

First of all I'd like to say THANKYOU very much for all the help you've
offered. I'm amazed at how much you know about these speakers and very
frateful for the advice! Anyway, I've definately got a pair of B110A
(sp1003) and T27 (sp1032)....here's the crossovers that falcon acoustics
lists for this combo:

3.
B110A/T27A (equiv.to DN13 SP1017 used in KEF Cresta II)
(PCB2)
£13.50

23.
LS3/5A type crossover.
B110A/T27A Complete network, similar in all essential details to the LS3/5A
but with ferrite inductors and resistive HF attenuation. Complete with
recommended cabinet drawings.
(PCB7)
£26.00

23aB.
LS3/5A type crossover. Speaker Builder 4/81.
As 23 but with KEF aB tweeter section.
(PCB7)
£29.00

23T.
LS3/5A type crossover.
See also No.102
B110A/T27A Complete network, similar in all essential details to the LS3/5A
but with ferrite inductors and tapped HF ferrite inductor and matching set
of HF capacitors. Complete with recommended cabinet drawings.
(PCB7)
£29.50

I have no idea what an "aB tweeter section" is, but someone else mentioned
I'd need a multitap inductor (also have no idea what that is), which seems
to be included in the last one listed (23T). Well, obviously you know a
million times more about this stuff that I do, so what do you reccomend?

More info :
http://www.allansonline.com/Anatomy/...rossovers.html

Thanks a million man! I really do appreciate the help here. As you can see
I'm pretty clueless about speakers so this really helps me a lot! Cheers!

--

Jonny Durango

http://www.soundclick.com/ratcitymusic.htm

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the
country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag
the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a
parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have
to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for
lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering, Hitler's Reich-Marshall, at the Nuremberg trials after
WWII.

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 03:50:15 GMT, "Jonny Durango"
wrote:

the seller said they were removed from a
pair of 1980's Fried monitors but it couldn't be the model B's

I don't remember any model using T27's. Bud Fried either fitted Hiquphon

or
Dynaudio tweeters.

I did some more research and it appears they are from the KEF Constructor
series (CS1)...

If the reference is CS1, you've got a B110B SP1057 and a T27A SP1032.

If the reference is CS1A (note the "A"), you've got a B110A SP1003 and a
T27A SP1032.

They recommend an sp1017 type
crossover for a b110/t27 combo

Nope, only if you've got a CS1A. The SP1017, originally used in the Kef
Cresta, is designed for the B110A SP1003.

The B110B SP1057 shows quite a different response in the midrange and

should
be filtered accordingly.

Anyway, you should use a CS1(A) xover, available from Falcon Acoustics.