Ian

Default 20hz to 20Khz , yea right!

"Tony Pearce" wrote in message
u...

"Ian" wrote in message
Your assertion that it is not possible to get low frequencies using an
8 inch driver turns out not to be correct. I have a pair where the LF
is done using 8 inch drivers in a bandpass enclosure. Those have a
measured response which is 1dB down at 30Hz, and an overall
response at 3dB down of 27Hz to 90Hz.

No mention of what the maximum SPL Vs distortion level is at 30 Hz

though,
I see.
Simply disregard these and you can easily get 30 Hz from a single 4 inch
driver.
Of course you can't actually HEAR it :-)

TonyP.

Tony, please note I said "bandpass enclosure". Some of the excursion/output
relations change.

You (perhaps) cannot "hear" 30Hz, although that depends ;-), however it does
make a significant difference to the listening experience (and I DO NOT MEAN
listening to harmonics - I am a member of the AES, and I pretty fully
understand
the issues here). (Waits for the positioning/room size/modes/listener
placement
"squeaks".)

Maximum SPL vs distortion level is just fine for reasonable levels in a
reasonable
(UK) size room.
Regards
Ian