Arny Krueger

Default 20hz to 20Khz , yea right!

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:29:42 -0800, "The Flash" wrote:

What type of / brand of mic are you using?

I was not trying to make a very accurate measurement so I just used a
cheap Panasonic WM-60AT price £2

http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Pana...ata/WM-60A.pdf

http://www.digikey.com/digihome.html

Actually, this mic is known to be very accurate within the audio range. It's
major disadvantages are that it is a raw capsule with no supporting hardware
or circuitry, it tends to clip at moderately-high sound levels, and it has
questionable noise characeristics when used to pick up low-sound levels.
Your application seems to finesse these issues so it remains a good,
accurate mic for the application.

The Behringer ECM-8000 is arguably the next step up for under $40 in the US.
It is a finished microphone and has better performance at high sound levels
and w/r/t noise. When used for woofer measurements, it does have a
documented roll-off below 40 Hz that can be easily compensated for.