MZ

When you can hook up test equipment to the human brain then you will have
an
instrument that can measure sound the way we perceive it. Test equipment
can't hear-test equipment doesn't have ears. Test equipment can measure

and
take the sound waves and turn it into electronic impulses to be read on a
screen and then subjectively analyzed. You will never have a machine that
can tell you what a wine tastes like. Unless you can hook it into a human
brain. My point is that your electronic waveform is not telling the whole
story.

I understand what your point is. However, it's incorrect. The sound wave
is being captured by the device. It is being transduced from mechanical
energy (that's what a sound wave is) to electrical energy. The output is
then sent on to a machine to be analyzed. Now, I bet you're thinking that
I'm talking about a microphone. But I'm talking about the ear! It behaves
in essentially the same way that a microphone behaves (but, instead of using
Faraday's law, it uses ion channels triggered by movement of hair cells).
So the microphone is using the same exact piece of information to make its
measurement (compression and rarefaction of air molecules). Therefore, it
can't possibly have more information available to it than the microphone.
So, in light of this explanation, how could it not be telling the whole
story?

Science is mostly theory. There is not much fact to science.

Not sure what this means. We derive facts from logic. Science is applied
logic.

Scientist do
research and complete studies and can come to a reasonable conclusion but
most of what they do is theory and can usually be challenged by another
researcher with their own theories.

Right. So I suggest you dig up just one researcher who believes that the
ear works on something other than sound waves - or whatever it is you're
suggesting. Frankly, I don't think you know what it is you're suggesting.

Who is to say all humans hear or see the same exact way. We just don't
know.

Well, if you mean who is to say that all humans have the same abilities,
they don't. This has been examined. There is of course a range of
capabilities, and we know what it is.

We certainly know that not all human taste food the same because
there are people who have their favorites which may be your most hated
foods.

You're getting confused. People do indeed have preferences. They like
different kinds of sounds, different kinds of music. That doesn't mean that
some people have different hearing capabilities because of it. The
information getting TO the brain (that allows you to then make decisions
about what you like and what you don't like) is limited. And I've tried to
explain to you that these limitations, while not identical in everyone, are
in a certain range. And that range is far from the level that exists
between the two amplifiers.