Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Linkwitz Labs lx521 open baffle speaker

De gustibus non est disputandem. Writing only for myself, I have found that=
JBL speakers pale pretty quickly. And exactly why giving advice on speake=
rs in such a venue as this is of questionable utility. My tastes run to Mag=
gies and highly inefficient acoustic suspension designs (AR, ADS & family).=
I have the power to drive them and the room to give them their head. I wou=
ld no more consider JBL than a Japanese/Pacific Rim amplifier.

Nor did I suggest this is a fully rational position, but it has served me i=
ncredibly well over the years. There is just so much Stuff out that the occ=
asional boundary proves useful. I am not half-done with the stuff in my tar=
get zone after 40 years in the hobby to have much time to pursue distant ou=
tliers on pure speculaton that something might have changed significantly.

I just finished building a Dynaco amp clone (tube) and have my eye on build=
ing another soon. A parts-box item, everything recycled but one of two cir=
cuit boards. Now that can be a learning experience. And one I could legitim=
ately suggest to anyone with the time and inclination.

Peter Wieck=20
Melrose Park, PA=20