Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default Best speaker under $1000/Pair

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

I'm curious what speakers people would recommend under $1000/pair.

These don't have to be current. If JBL L-100s are your thing they'd
qualify (I'm no fan of most JBL products, I'm just saying A/D/S or
other vintage designs qualify).

My personal take is that any good designer should be able to get good
sound on a "cost is no object" basis. What's interesting is the
compromises made to get the best sound possible for a reasonable cost.

I'm a little out of the market but to get the ball rolling I'd suggest
PSB, NHT and Magnepan.

Stephen