Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chronic Philharmonic Chronic Philharmonic is offline

Default De-fading audio

"Industrial One" wrote in message
On Aug 23, 2:34 am, "Chronic Philharmonic"
wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message

This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

If the original audio is properly dithered, it will fade down into noise.
When you de-fade it, you will end up with noise, not the original sound.

If the original audio is not properly dithered, it will fade down into
distortion. When you de-fade it, you will end up with distortion, not the
original sound.

Only at the very beginning where the signal may be close to the
amplitude of the noise which is like... 3 seconds. Wow. After that,
the signal is way above the volume of the noise floor, so I don't see
why you're so convinced that it'll scuzz my song up.

You didn't say how far down into the scuzz you were trying to reach. As long
as the signal-to-scuzz ratio is large enough, the sound quality might be
quite acceptable to you.