Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Microphones and the TSA

On 1/22/2013 6:44 PM, Frank Stearns wrote:
Anyone routinely travel within the USA carrying microphones in their
carry-on baggage?

I travel with a mini maglite that probably x-rays about the same as a
KM-84 (which I've never flown with). I remember hearing a story about a
crew of NPR engineers flying home from a gig in Central Amer9ica. They
had checked a case of microphones which the TSA thought could be
dynamite, and they had to do a lot of talking to keep them from blowing
up the whole case. It shut down the entire DFW airport for a couple of
hours.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then