Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

Brassplyer wrote:

---------------------
Phil Allison wrote:

** The sound is a stereo mix of the original release.

Judith and the guys and are pretty obviously miming.

Well, of course the implication is that this *is* the session
the release is from.

** Gotta believe in Santa Clause for that to be true.

Does it look like how you would expect the track could
have been recorded or would things have been arranged
completely differently?

** The vid replicates how the Seekers typically performed on stage.

Their lives shows were very good, almost flawless.

Actual, multi-track studio recording sessions are not like that.

FYI:

this vid from the same ear is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOvgBLDI4E

My take is that Judith is singing live over a backing track that omits he voice. I know the song well and her vocal sounds to me like a fresh version.

The mysterious, never hit tambourine in the mix is a giveaway.

...... Phil