Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Cassette Deck Azimuth Adjustment

On 10/2/2010 9:06 PM ChrisCoaster spake thus:

In the absence of voltmeters and removing the grounds of headphones to
get a positive L-R, are there certain pre-recorded cassette labels
that are better than others for obtaining a *reasonably* well aligned
tape head that will play at least 90% of my tapes properly? Of course
I know NEVER to use a blank cassette recorded on at HOME to align a
deck. Better to use a barely or never played recently purchased
album on cassette.

Which labels tend to produce the most consistently accurate cassettes
- A&M records, Sony, BMI, Capital, Geffen, Rhino, or others?

My question would be "are any of those any good at all?" (for your
stated purpose), considering that the copies are made on high-speed
duplicating equipment.

Shouldn't you be looking for some kind of standard alignment cassette
(assuming availability and budget)?