Posted to rec.audio.car
Ryan Ryan is offline

Default Peugeot 106 stereo wiring w/o original harness

Hi,

My girlfriends new Peugeot has some bizarre colour wires coming from the
stereo console and I cannot for the life of me find a wiring diagram on the
net to explain them.

The wires a
1 x Pink! YES PINK! (thick)
1 x Pale Blue (thick)
1 x Yellow and Green (thick)
1 x Orange (thin)
2 x Red (thin) - Front Left/Right Speaker Positive
2 x Green (thin) - Front Left/Right Speaker Negative

The red and green wires were easy to work out as I pulled off the door
rubbers and peeked at the speaker cables, however I am stuck with the pink,
blue, orange and yellow/green wires.

I went to Halfords today to get a Haynes manual but they don't stock the 106
book and I've also also been to my local Peugeot dealer who couldn't
understand why the original red socket had been cut off and wouldn't release
any wiring diagrams due to legal reasons.

I don't have a volt meter handy either but if I baught one I would never use
it again.

Does anyone have a concrete answer to this problem?

Thanks,
Ryan