Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

On 11/02/2018 13:46, Unsteadyken wrote:
In article ,
says...
First the keyboard in
question had a SLIGHT BIT OF *NOISE* WHEN THE MIXER GAIN STAGING WAS
CRANKED.

Why have you got the input "Cranked" when the source has an adjustable
output level?

Did you try lowering the input gain and increasing the output from the
keyboard?
When I'm looking for the source of hum or noise in the system, part of

the procedure is to crank input and mixer gain up all the way on each
channel in turn with no signal being generated, in this case, it would
all be plugged in and turned on, but not played. Once that's sorted out,
then I know that I can happily use it in anger with sensible gain
staging. Shrug YMMV.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.