Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default XY-MS what happened to the room ambience?

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 8:27:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote: "I don't think you're a troll. I think you're sincere. But it's pretty clear
that you have no more understanding what actually goes on in the studio
than Jack does. So it is a matter of the blind leading the blind. "

What goes on... you mean the
politics? Clueless there. All
I know is that it's what the artist,
producer, or label wants, not
the engineer.

Same with the DOT: If the state
wants to reroute an eight-lane
highway over a suburban neighborhood,
the engineer's job is to argue with
the governor about how impractical it
seems; his job is make sure that
overpass uses as few columns as
possible while still ensuring the thing
won't collapse or look ugly.

I do know how to get signal through
a board and into a recorder at the
appropriate levels, if that's what you
mean by 'clueless.'

Scott immediately didn't like me, maybe because I could see right through him.
I guess he's some Pro who sits around to answer questions in usenet, rather than aid any, ahem, customers.

Scott claimed there is no such thing as varying DC offset, yet Goldwave offers something to correct it. Scott hinted about mastering quirks, but a defunct site gave me inside information about the cause of what I seen in early CD waveforms, two (popular) Sony PCM machines were responsible. I have yet heard some CD where I'd claim a DAC was the cause of bad sound (though Scott will), but I'd quickly claim foul sounding tapes were the actual cause.

Look at Scott, someone rips a vinyl LP (posted on YouTube), and he ****es in the poster's face. Nice? No. However, that is typical of the mentality. If Scott were decent, he's download the LP rip, enhance it, and state what he believes sounds better. But, no, he's quick to criticize others.

Look, I can take the 3kHz shots, I think they're funny, but, hey, I had to know why I favored that particular band of frequency. Neil Young's Pono criticism gained me that knowledge.

Now, where is the foul mouthed attack dog named, None? Get run over? Can't resist a fire hydrant? :-)

Jack