Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default XY-MS what happened to the room ambience?

Jason wrote:
On 29 Apr 2017 23:36:45 -0400 "Scott Dorsey" wrote in
article
Is this the process you are going through, or did you omit one or more stage?
If you convert to M-S, don't change the gains, and then convert back to left
and right, you shouldn't notice any difference in sound at all. If you do,
there is a mathematical issue going on.

I did that. The sound changed, so I think you're speculation about a math
issue is probably true.

Well, that's no good. Let us know what software this is so we can avoid it.