FogHornLegHorn

Default Alpine CDA-9815 vs Clarion DXZ835MP

yeah.... take this guys advice... stay away from Clarion, mainly because an
///ALPINE will get you more chicks!!!!!

FHLH..... Clarion = POS.... LOL, that's funny stuff...

"Ryan Richards (Diesel Breath)" wrote in message
.. .
Get the Apine dude!!!! I hope this reaches you in time... I have the

Apline
9815 and cant do without it... I have had NO problems with it.. I bought

an
Alpine years ago and have been with them ever since... Dont waist you time
with those piece of **** Clarions...

Later,
Ryan (www.dieselbreath.com)

"spazzwig" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm getting a new head unit this weak and am trying to decide between

the
Alpine 9815 and Clarion 835MP.

I have experience with Alpine and love their units, so I'm leaning in

that
direction. However, the Clarion has been recommended to me and has a

good
rep, so I thought I would try and get some feedback on it, particularly

in
comparison to the Alpine. My main interest is in the mp3 capabilities of
each, and disk reliability. I am wary of non Alpine units in regards to
reliability as I've seen several units (mainly Sony and Pioneer) start

skip randomly after a year or so, apparently due to the laser tracking
calibration failing (causing skips on clean scratch free disks at

generally
the same time index).

So, any comments about each unit and how they compare would be greatly
appreciated, especially regarding mp3 performance/features (latency

between
tracks, file navigation, etc.) and the reliability of the cd
transport/reading mechanism.

I'm confident in the Alpine, but if I can save a hundred bucks with the
Clarion and there aren't any points against it and it meets my needs,

then
would like to know. I could put the hundred bucks towards an amp

purchase
or
speaker upgrade. Choosing something other than Alpine is going to take

some
convincing for me though...

Thanks in advance,
Gabe