Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Questions on Levels

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answers. Comments below.

PStamler writes:

On Nov 18, 8:39 pm, Randy Yates wrote:
1. If you backtrack to 0 dB from this wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level
the reference levels for dBu and dBV are 0.775 VRMS and 1 VRMS,
respectively. Is this correct? Are the reference levels I've given
here exact?

No and yes, respectively. The reference level for dBu is actually
0.77459666924148337703585307995648V, according to my calculator --

Wow! You have a calculator that goes to 32 significant digits? My old HP15C
is only good for about 15. You can calculate the distance to Alpha Centauri
to the nearest tenth of an inch...:^)