Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Scott loses another audio discussion.

On Jun 4, 12:30*pm, Boon wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:51*am, ScottW wrote:

On Jun 3, 7:38*pm, Bret L wrote:

UL approval applies to mains connections, not speaker connections..

*Even then UL approval is not required for consumer products in the US
except under certain conditions. Many high end audio commercial
products are not UL approved.

*EU countries require a different approval.

I've had three separate engineers tell me otherwise. Nice try.

*I don't see UL symbols on speaker cables or speakers.

* That's because UL is not a requirement and Boon is an ignorant
idiot.

UL certification is not a regulatory requirement in any country
including the US.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/a...point/products...

*"the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the federal agency
responsible for protecting consumers from serious injury and death,
have no specific federal safety standards. Instead, the CPSC relies
heavily on voluntary standards developed by organizations such as the
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), ASTM International, and
Underwriters Laboratories (UL). "

Note the key word..."voluntary".

Eu requirements are documented in numerous IEC standards.

Obviously Boon is lying when he quotes anonymous engineers and
behavior therapists.
Thats why he lives on usenet, reality rarely rarely intrudes on his
delusions.

Oh, Jesus Christ you're dumb.

UL approval is based upon safety standards that are approved by OSHA.
A UL Certification mark is an important aspect of any consumer
product, and most manufacturers of electrical products strive to meet
those standards so that consumers will know that their products are
safe.

You know, I'm looking at all my equipment, and every single one has a
UL Certification mark on the back. I was told by at least one of those
three years

I meant engineers.