Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Carts and arms vs. carts and phono stages

On Jun 3, 9:38*pm, Bret L wrote:
UL approval applies to mains connections, not speaker connections.

*Even then UL approval is not required for consumer products in the US
except under certain conditions. Many high end audio commercial
products are not UL approved.

*EU countries require a different approval.

I've had three separate engineers tell me otherwise. Nice try.

*I don't see UL symbols on speaker cables or speakers.

This went over your head, I see.

Where did I say the cables would be hardwired? INSIDE THE AMP.

It would be the amp that would not recive UL certification.

Understand now?