Robbie Caldwell

Default "Bassiest" component 6.5-inchers for 03 Civic Si hatch

"Adam Drew" wrote in message
Hey, y'all.

I want to change out my front speakers. I don't want to fill up half
the hatch with a sub, so I'd like something with some decent punch.
(Those $170 BassLinks on eBay are tempting, tho...) I don't listen to
booty rap or anything like that...just rock, alternative, folk,
acoustic, etc...so clarity is important, too.

Can you guys recommend anything that'd work well with a decent headunit
(25w RMS)? I'd like to avoid installing an amp if possible. (BTW,
anybody know if there's a kit to install a double-DIN headunit in my car?)

I've already changed out the rear speakers with a pair of Alpine
Type-S's because it was so easy and they were so pathetic-looking with
their plastic baskets...the fronts aren't nearly as terrible...though
they're still not anything special.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Unless you buy a spacer or do some cutting then the 6.5" won't fit in the
front door panels. 6.25" or 5.25" however will fit just fine.

Anywho you might want to try asking on www.ephatch.com.

I've got some Kicker K60's in the front and rear of my '03 Si and they fit
fine. Midbass is pretty good but you really need to have some baffles put
in there or put some dynamat type material to help reinforce the mids.
Otherwise you're not going to be happy unless you add an amp.

Hope this helps,
Robbie Caldwell