Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

Default Another value knock down on studios

On Apr 29, 1:48*am, (hank alrich) wrote:
geoff wrote:
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ wrote:
This might be old news to a lot of you but there is a dorky little
program that has really become quite good. The problem with it is that
it is going to really kill the small demo studio market. Has anyone
checked out the "real tracks" Band in a box? The samples I heard were
actually better then most people do in their well equipped home
studios and certainly more then most $300 demos offer.

I keep running across things that kill the value of recording studios
and musicianship which of course kills creative new music and the
value of the finished product. I'm pretty sure that a musician will
soon again be the low totem on the poll again like we were a few
centuries ago.

I bugged out a few years back when I had a residual check so small I
couldn't buy a burger with it. I've been a part time and for fun music
guy since but I feel like the art of music is near gone. What are the
deep in debt studios doing to stay afloat these days and is there
anything that can be done to bring back this dying industry?

BIAB has been around for decade(s) and has yet to kill of real musicians.
I'm sure it is getting better and better though.

geoff

"Real" musicians stand to benefit most from BiaB.

When the local up and coming guys that would otherwise have taken
local demo sessions lose out to a software program, I think those real
musicians lose. But, I'd love to hear your take on how "real"
musicians benefit.