Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Explanation still required for triode superiority

John Byrns said:

In article ,
"Henry Pasternack" wrote:

By the way, did you know I studied EE in Frederick Terman's department?
He was professor emeritus, until he died, while I was at university. Some
of my professors were his former students, including a legend or two from
the "golden age" of tube radio, plus a good share of more modern legends.

The crucial question is did any of the wisdom of these giants rub off on
you while you put in your time there.

Dunno about that, but his analysis about the alleged feedback in
triodes (or absence thereof) made a lot of sense to me (at least the
parts that I could understand).
Henry seems to know his stuff pretty well.

I'm not that well versed in the theoretical department, so maybe it's
all flying over my head, but the conclusions that Henry posted and as
they were perceived by me, are at least uinderstandable and, what's
even more for a simple techie like me, cover the bases well enough to
not worry about it when designing my hobby amps with triodes ;-)

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."