Posted to rec.audio.pro
Angus Kerr Angus Kerr is offline

Default Ready......Aim......

Funny, I have perfect pitch too. I dont mind playing with a capo, since I start thinking relative, like 1 4 5 3 6 etc when it comes to the chords.

Funny story: I got really confused when I had to play a keyboard in a gig (I'm adequate on keys, only good for the most basic of parts), and somehow, between sound check and showtime, the keyboard got left in a semitone up transposition. Seeing the keys, knowing the notes they should make, and the ones that were being generated being not what my ear said they should be, being horrendously dissonant, the askance glances from my fellow musicians wondering what the hell I was doing........, me the utterly confused part-time keyboardist trying to figure out why the parts I knew were right were not working, trying to transpose up a semitone on the fly wondering if I was going mad...surely what I rehearsed and this is not the same, why am I out? Amusing in hindsight....

-Angus.