Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

Default Ready......Aim......

On 10/1/2015 4:03 PM, polymod wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

polymod wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

I had a friend with three pianos who married a woman with four pianos and
they got a harpsichord as their wedding present. They used to keep them
tuned in several different temperaments since they were both bach addicts.

I'd be very interested in knowing if the tuner did this by ear.

I asked, and they said he did one of them by ear but all the other weird
temperaments were done with tuner. And they tune the harpsichord themselves
sometimes in the middle of a piece....
--scott

Ah....thanks for the update...much appreciated!

Pretty much what I suspected. We tuners are so trained in beat timing for equal
temperament that I can't even imagine doing the other "weird" ones by ear.
Tuning in the middle of a piece? That' I'd like to see!

Poly

Poly, I wonder if the day will come where there is a standard keyboard that will
play "Just"? On the fly or what ever.