Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Ready......Aim......

"JackA" wrote in message

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:34:30 PM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
"JackA" wrote in message

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 6:31:30 AM UTC-4, gareth magennis wrote:
Maybe why I chose to play drums rather than guitar and piano!!

3.15 kHz? I'm out of tune!!

But when you get the mix just right, you begin to hear studio noise
that
wasn't there before!!...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps.../longtrain.mp3

Dunno about the right mix there, where's the drums and bass?
And you still have that 3.15kHz, and the rest of the top end, shoved
down my
throat.

Stop it, I did boost 3kHz some, but nothing to speak of. However, I
did
boost the bass many times, maybe upto 15 DB!! These MAY be remixed,
but
not a great job. Even some songs have too low lead vocals.

That's why John Williamson mentioned record companies would never play
audio quality games, while I claim they do.

I'd much rather dance to this, puts a much greater smile on my face,
and my
ears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cViggFZFlxU

OMG, that's the Disco type remix on this very CD!! Would have done
much
better to rechart during the Disco era!! I thought, great, a "remix"
version, 10 seconds longer than normal. Sadly, the word "remix" has
nothing to do with remixing multi-tracks, it's merging new and old
sounds!! You just like playing with my mind. The Lord will get you!!!

Jack

Blimey Jack, my Mum still uses the word "Disco".

- She is a smart woman! Her son needs to pay more attention to her!

I bought this remix CD for the Sure is Pure remixes when it was released
back in 1993.
Which makes it a Dance Music museum piece, not a Disco record mixing old
and new sounds.

Back then you would record a real TR909 if you were remixing a track.

-- Sorry, I do not know what a TR909 is, but I learned (or Learnt, as you
third-world countries communicate) it's a Roland keyboard!
-- Now I can sound like a PRO here!

The TR909 is a drum machine that appeared on most Dance tunes in the early
90's onwards. Prior to that the TR808 was the goto drum machine.
I never really liked the 808, especially those silly cowbells that didn't
sound anything like one.
(Whitney Houston used them on "Somebody to love")

The 909 though was the key that opened up Dance Music to a whole new
generation.
Something about the Kick and Hi Hats was just perfect.
And you could give the Kick a long tail, which was basically a fixed
frequency sinewave at below 80Hz or so, which you could tune to match the
songs key to get some amazingly tuneful Sub on a big system.

You are correct, I was in error!!!

I like calling them High-Hats, because, originally, they were Low, not
intended to be struck by the sticks.

The French call the Charlestons. No idea why.
I had a Tech Spec in French once which asked if we were supplying "Charlie".

Made me laugh.

Gareth.