Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Digital I/O connectors to PC...?

Mike Rivers wrote:

Yes, I know that. But it has so much more that he DOESN'T
need that I maintain, still, that it's "not even close" to
what he's looking for. There are lots of interfaces that
aren't also MIDI controllers which have S/PDIF I/O AND
something else. They come closer to his desire, but still
have mic inputs.

That's how mass production is. You make something that can do a million
things, and more people will buy it so you can make it cheaper than something
that does just one thing.

You can get THIS million features or THAT million features, but if you want
a simple and stripped-down device that only does a single thing and does it
well, you will pay specialty prices for it.