Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma[_3_] e-nigma[_3_] is offline

Default Need Help!!! I dont know whats wrong with my amp

"logant23" wrote in message

I was hooking my subs back up after having them out of my car for
awhile, i was not even paying attention and i put the ground wire into
the 12v positive port. The car and everything was off and as soon as
the ground wire touched the 12v positive it made a quick spark. I
obviously immediately pulled the ground wire out. Once i had the
correct wires where they needed to be i turned the car on but now the
amplifier doesnt even turn on? did putting the ground wire in the
positive fry the amp? any input you guys have would really be
appreciated. Im not great with car audio and i dont know what to do

--
logant23

Check the fuses
There should be one one the amp and one by the battery
The one by the battery is the most likely to be bad