On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:48:12 GMT, Guitrzman
wrote:

Tim, thanks for the question. On the backend(mix) there is no problem
other than just having some kind of tactile control like a Mackie HUI or
whatever because I'll be using the Protools or MOTU plug-ins and such to
mix within the computer. It more the input side that I have questions
about and wanting it all in the same console/controller. But the
feedback and further research leads me to think I am looking at
something like a Control 24 or 02R, or the like. That serves both as a
multi-input console and DAW control Surface. What have you found to be
succesful?

You could use the Mackie or Protools controllers for mixing, but I
think what you really want is a Euphonics board. They have boards
that are all analogue components but control digital systems. They
have a knob for each function so you can grab and turn them like you
expect on a real board. This works for both the front end and mixing.

http://www.euphonix.com/music/produc...5/system_5.htm

I only used it on one project, but I was impressed. It wasn't
completely intuitive, but it is thousands of times better that a
mouse.
I personally have the Mackie controller which I half use. It didn't
integrate as well with Nuendo as I hoped, and is currently crashing my
system when I open and older file, since I've updated to XP.