Len Moskowitz

Fabrice wrote:

i was just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to connect a DAT
recorder to a mac running os x. since i'm trying to do a bit of
location sound recording for film, but would also like to be able to
record sounds and manipulate them for post production, i'm just trying
to figure out what would be the best recorder to get. if anyone can
let me know how i'd go about transferring from DAT to mac, then that'd
be great, like what equipment i might need, and if i'd lose any
quality through doing so, then i'd be very grateful

Least expensive is to use an M-Audio Transit (around $70 on our Web
site) and an optical output from your DAT. On the Mac side we use
Amadeus II, a very low cost (freeware/shareware?) program.

We tested the Transit and found it to be bit-for-bit accurate up to
24/96 as long as you shut down the Mac's power saving and network
features.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912