Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default What went wrong during the DEM debates

On 6/28/2019 3:38 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Tobiah wrote:
Can we get this term correct? They are lectern microphones. What they
are standing on is the podium. Podium mic's would be for Flamenco
dancers.

I appreciate the clarification, but I checked two prominent dictionaries
and both listed one of the definitions of 'podium' as simply, 'lectern'. Misuse marches

And this, in short, is why we need a language academy like the French and
Swedes have. With authority to lock people up in jail for using "party"
as a verb.
--scott

I'll ${literally} be too busy shaking hands with all of my friends to
notice.