Stewart Pinkerton

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:35:47 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:49:51 GMT, (Don Pearce)
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:30:00 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

It stops people wasting money in an attempt to improve sound quality.
I'd love an Oracle CD player, but I know it won't *sound* any
different than my Sony or Pioneer.

DBT details please.

Let's see if you can tell us why a DBT would not be appropriate.

Well, it *wouldn't* be appropriate if we didn't care about this
statement as applicable to anyone other than Stewart. And if this were
the case, then his statement doesn't mean anything really.

Surely you or Stewart would be demanding a dbt if someone was claiming
that they knew that the Oracle kicked the Sony or Pioneer's ass. It
works the other way as well.

Not really. I've proved to my *own* satisfaction that my Pioneer
sounds as good as anything on the market, so purchasing an Oracle - to
run through a Benchmark DAC-1 - would simply be an indulgence for the
sheer beauty of the thing. No expectation of superior sound required.