Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:46:24 +0300, Fella wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

In fact the ABX comparator uses some of the finest 5-way
binding posts that were available at the time.

Why does it use such posts? There is no need. They all sound the same,
right?

Actually no, 99% of all reported problems with 'bad sound' come down
to poor connections, so top-quality connectors are always a good idea.
Unfortunately, we're mostly stuck with the pathetic RCA. :-((((

If homebrewing, *always* use XLRs, and hardwire where you can (as I do
from pickup arm to RIAA preamp).