Eddie Runner

Default I know how installers work

Mark Zarella wrote:

Acknowledging that these ripoffs exist is fine.

they do!

But that doesn't mean we
should have to accept them and refrain from criticizing them.

I always critisize when I get ripped off!
I speciallize in making web pages about the assholes that screw me!

http://www.txsoft.net/houstonamateur/
http://www.installer.com/crooks/crook6.html

But I am not sure the installers in this case SCREWED the customer!

I know you have had bad experiences, but thats no reason to
advise every customer to pick up a STICK and chase his installer
around the parking lot..... ha ha ha

There are
many shops and chains that make a habit of lying to their customers.

Yes there are!!!!
Not just car audio shops... Mechaiincs might take the cake from my
expereince....

And some in almost every field!!

Especially the chains, as I'm aware of training sessions (I've attended some
of them before) where the employees are lied to, and as a result they
propagate these lies to the customer.

Sure!

So it's a system-wide problem in that
case that starts at the top.

Could be, but it probably has anything to do with this case.

I think it's quite possible that the poster
encountered this in this situation.

nope, it looked like they recomended fixes the customer didnt respond
to the first time he was there...

Eddie