Eddie Runner

Default I know how installers work

Mark Zarella wrote:

I'm not referring to shortcuts. I was referring to things that are done
that specifically degrade sound quality or introduce high prices when
they're not warranted.

Mark, I guess you dont realize there is not a such thing in existance called
a PERFECT INSTALLATION!!!

ANYTHING can be improved upon...

With that said,
where do we draw the line?

MANY MANY installers install using the amps built in inputs!!
And many of those have noise....
Its not the installers fault, its the crappy hi/lo in the amp, IT IS installed
correctly!!

A step up might be some installers that lessen this problem by
just turning the gains down (music and all) and it works, and its
installed properly!!!

A step up might be some installers that use seperate hi/lo adapters cause
they know there might be noise, they have to charge the customer a
little more, which manytimes makes customers goto the cheaper places
(listed above).....

A step up from this might be installers that refuse to use a hi/lo cause they
think the hi lo adds distortions (of course they do!) and they will only
do the install if they install the headunit with RCAs on it that are directly
compatable with the RCAs on the amp....

A step up from there is the installer that wont even install that amp because
the gear the customer has isnt high end enough and will certainly suffer
from bad sound.......

A step up from there is the installer that wont do the job unless he charges
the customer to modify the headunit and amplifier by removing the hookup
terminals and soldering the speaker wires and rca cables directly to the
PC boards for less losses!!! At a HUGE expense of course!!

Mark,
You can decide what your own limits are, but customers out there have all kinds
of limits and sometimes so do installers... Some will gladly exept what you
or I would never accept, and others would not except what you or I think
is great!!

So you cant judge on someone elses install with another installer where
they sit in this spectrum.... Maybe the guy thought the noise was OK, but
then decided after a day or two it wansnt liveable.... IT HAPPENS!!!

You dont have enough info to blame the installers.
And your reasoning is the job wasnt perfect....
NO JOB IS PERFECT!
I CAN IMPROVE ON ANYTHING!!

Relax!

Eddie Runner